What makes 28 Days Later stand out from any other zombie movie?

For me, it’s the use of music. Where in not only zombie films, but horror, would you find Ave Maria and In Paradisum played? The music is superb and matches the tone well.

The first thought that popped into my head when I was about to click your question, was the music. It was used perfectly. It’s a very surreal, almost more dramatic-type zombie movie. It’s not all about the kills or violence and gore. It may be slow moving, but at the same time it was interesting.
by: meL
on: 17th March 11

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to What makes 28 Days Later stand out from any other zombie movie?

1. fussbot says:

Running zombies.

2. Not At The Table Carlos says:

The setting of the movie maybe? idk that’s all i can think of

3. Geoff Caldwell says:

It seems more realistic/plausible than other cheesy zombie films

4. meL says:

5. Avid Film Freak says:

It’s one of the earlier usages of “fast” zombies. Also, there’s the debate on whether or not it’s actually a zombie movie. I personally think it is. Because once infected, they start to decay, thus the disease kills them upon contact and as the virus takes over the body.

Also, in most zombie movies, you’re there when the infection occurs and you’re there for the duration. In this movie, you see how the infection starts, and then you see the aftermath, 28 days later.

6. Jas says:

I personally don’t think it stands out, but one of the first films to use “fast” zombies; way better than the re-make of dawn of the dead with it’s fast zombies. The george romero original dawn of the dead is still my all time fave zombie film, hands down. I must have watched it at least 50 times.

7. J C says:

Full frontal nudity.

Lots of old zombie movies have slow walking zombies that aren’t all that dangerous because you could always outrun.

The zombies in this movie are fast and scary.

The government created weapon super bug is a unique idea.