What is your favorite zombie movie and why?

I think mine is Night of the Living Dead, because it’s a classic and it really deals with how people interact with each other and how they act when they are in a life or death situation….like being trapped in a house with hundreds of zombie outside trying to get in.

Dawn of the Dead (remake). Because it really captures the “zombie feel”, and it’s the classic “hide in the mall” scenario

Night of the Living Dead is a good one.

runner-ups:

Zombieland
Shaun of the Dead
28 Weeks Later
by: Avid Film Freak
on: 10th July 11

This entry was posted in News and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to What is your favorite zombie movie and why?

1. Matty Reed says:

Zombieland..
    It’s funny

2. Facepalm says:

zombie land
    rule # 2
    double fap
    (double tap: when you down a zombie with a shot, shoot it one more time for safety)

3. Dirgni says:

Zombieland, I think it’s really funny. I have all the rules written down.

4. Kevin says:

ZombieLand ftw

5. Mr. ManhattanMan says:

Most of the Italian early 80’s gut munchers were terrible plot wise.. but great in the gore department.. ZOMBIE.. Zombie: Nights of Terror..after 1987 there was a long wait for something good..

6. The saint says:

Dawn Of The Dead
    Because its brutal and Its The truth

7. Bob Bradley is a Genius. says:

28 days later

cillian murphy is a great actor

8. Avid Film Freak says:

Night of the Living Dead is a good one.

runner-ups:

Zombieland
    Shaun of the Dead
    28 Weeks Later

9. Jasonzilla says:

Shawn Of The Dead. It had its creepy moments as well as being funny as hell. Then Zombieland and Dead Snow came out. Not as good, but Zombieland was just behind Shawn (and maybe it’s my stubborn love of Shawn Of The Dead).

10. CharlieBrown says:

Hey Angel,

My favorite Zombie movie is “Zombie 2” aka “Flesh Eaters” by Lucio Fulci… it’s really a good horror zombie movie, based more on vodoo than random diseases.. There’s even a fight Zombie Vs. Shark!

Even though I love ZombieLand, I wouldn’t consider it a true zombie movie ’cause it doesn’t show you how hard it would be to survive, no tough decisions, Tactics or anything…. it’s a comedy…

When I want to watch a Zombie movie, I watch Zombie 2, both Dawn Of The Dead, Night Of The Living Dead (1990 remake is a must see), Brain Dead, 28 Days Later, The Dead Outside, Dead Girl or Dead Snow (Nazi Zombies)… When I want to watch a Zombie comedy, I watch Shawn Of The Dead, ZombieLand or Fido..

The movies I mentioned are a must see for any Zombie lovers out there…

Anyways, I hope this helps…

11. Richardson Cox says:

28 Days Later Because this movie isn’t actually about zombies, but the humans infected by the “rage” virus exhibit very similar behaviors.

12. Kate Colley says:

Last Man On Earth. it’s cheesy but I love it.

13. 363 says:

I would have to say Day of the Dead, the effects were awesome, it showed how people reacted and got desperate or went insane because they were locked up underground with loads of zombies at the fence all the time. Then there is the amazing characters, I mean Frankinstain is so epic and then there is Bob 😛

George A. Romero is the King of zombie films, I still need to see Survival of the Dead but the rest of his films I own with pride.